Opus is increasingly used in schools offering both general ICT and specialist computer qualifications for one simple reason - students are productive more quickly and so stay engaged.
- Cover Flash, HTML5 and Computer Programming from one program
- Teachers can concentrate on the requirements of the curriculum itself and not spend time teaching the features of a particular piece of software.
- Pupils can learn from a creative as well as technical direction and take the paths they prefer.
- HTML5 supported by Android, iPad as well as Windows.
But students won't be left with skills in a non-commercial product: Opus is also widely-used by businesses from independent developers to major corporates as well as government agencies including Ofsted, OCR and RoSPA.
Choose Opus Creator for schools offering multimedia and animation courses, GCSE ICT and OCR Nationals in ICT.
For more in depth requirements Opus Pro is well suited to the Cambridge Technicals and Computer Science qualifications or introducing programming concepts - see video course Introducing Opus.
Both programs can be used to create interactive educational resources - see Digital Overdrive Case Study.
- Easy to learn and use so students get productive more quickly and engage with the course more readily
- Much easier than Flash/Visual Basic etc so you spend your time teaching the course not how to use a particular piece of software.
- But not so simple it feels more like a toy than a real program.
- Covers more units in one piece of software with the capacity for presentation, flash, HTML5, animation, games programming and digital showcase requirements.
- Even fundamental programming principles such as variables, loops and conditional branching can be taught in Opus Creator in an engaging way. And Opus Pro will allow scripting and functions to be taught with the minimum of grunt work.
- Includes built-in tools for drawing, house-style and master pages, text effects, animation effects, tween animation, stop-frame animation, simple programming and export to Flash.
- Can also be used to create eportfolios.
- Opus Pro is fully moodle and SCORM compatible.
- Lower cost - one program for many units.
- Android and iPad support not available with Flash alone.
- Free resources and samples can get you and your students productive even quicker.
If you have ideas for example publications or resources please email firstname.lastname@example.org
Opus Pro - Questions and Scoring Made Easy
Opus Pro includes a sophisticated new automatic scoring system with ready-made Question templates covering key question types including multiple choice, cloze procedures, drag and drop, sliders and text input. Progress on specific topics is tracked automatically so revision can be suggested wherever necessary.
OCR ICT Nationals
Opus Creator is particularly suitable for the following units or their equivalents in other qualifications:
- Level 1
- Unit 1 - Produce a presentation of at least three slides
- Unit 4 - Design and produce multimedia
- Unit 11 - Creating Animation using ICT (export to Flash)
- and the equivalent units in Level 2
- Level 3
- Unit 1 - Design and create a presentation style
- Unit 4 - Design a digital showcase
- Unit 14 - Cartooning and Animation (including Flash)
- Unit 15 - Art and Animation for computer games
- Unit 16 - Programming for computer games
Some of Our Education Customers...
- Budmouth College
- De Montfort University
- Dubai College
- Grestone Primary School
- Illawara Christian School
- Ipswich Academy
- King Edward Sixth School
- Loughborough University
- Monmouthshire elearning
- Ousedale School
- Queen's University School of Midwifery
- Royal College of Paediatrics, Melbourne
- Sisseton Whaperton College
- Southern Regional College, Belfast
- Sunderland City Learning Centre
- Trinity College
- University of Manchester
- York Minster
...and many more.